Thu, May 18|
Meeting for property owners affected by Sound Transit 522/ NE 145th BRT Project
Come to learn about resources for property owners affected by the project. It is an opportunity to voice your concerns and hear what your neighbors are doing.
Time & Location
May 18, 2023, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Sheridan Market, 15348 Bothell Way NE, Lake Forest Park, WA 98155, USA
About the event
We are reaching out to you as an affected property owner on the SR522 NE 145th BRT project. We are hosting a Property Owner strategy meeting to discuss the options and benefits available to you. While we had a meeting to discuss these topics with some neighbors on Wednesday, November 9th 2022 we did not have every property owner's name and address that was presented in the Project's 60% Plan. This meeting will provide information on benefits available to you as a property owner as well as provide a meeting place to discuss property owners' concerns and comments. There are over 100 property owners affected by this project in Lake Forest Park alone. Some have chosen to sell their properties outright; some may have agreed to partial acquisitions, and some may have not entered into negotiations yet.Let's all get together and share our joint concerns! We look forward to a gathering of our neighbors! There will be food and beverages available for purchase.
I. Welcome and Introductions
- CORE Mission and introduce CORE Members
- Introduce Maggie Fimia from smartertransit.org
· KUOW - Fact-checking Sound Transit 3 debate: Who's right? (2016 Fimia Debate on ST3)
II. Baselining Audience
- How many received notification of this meeting by email?
- How many are facing impacts to their property?
- How many attended the November 9th, 2022, meeting here with Kinnon Williams?
- How many have had some contact with Sound Transit?
- Personal Meeting?
III. Brief Summary of ST Plans
Overview i.e., LFP Hardship Comparisions
- Design implications
IV. Sound Transit Property Acquisition Information
- Review of Kinnon William’s presentation
- Working together is better than working individually
- Breakout into small groups to meet neighbors and discuss major questions and concerns minutes for breakouts
- Meet your neighbors
- Share information
- Discuss interactions with Sound Transit to date
- Discuss major questions and concerns you have
- Discuss “working together” Vs “working separately” and what the latter means to you
V. Small Group Presentations from Breakout Groups
VI. Next Steps/Follow-ups/How to get more involved
- Confirm next steps and follow ups
- How to get more involved with CORE
- Be sure to sign up before leaving